When someone signs up for your site/service/list you get a second chance to make a first impression… But how should you use it? Here are some general guidelines and a good example from a KickoffLabs customer.
1. Say thank you – You just got paid with someone attention. Show some gratitude.
2. Add some personality – Someone trusted your brand/message enough to give you their contact information. That creates a layer of trust so you can accentuate what they probably liked about your message.
3. Assign a call to action – You want them to do something next… even if it’s just to wait for your next newsletter. Make sure that call to action is clear and don’t make it complicated.
4. Provide context – They may not read it right away. Make sure you remind them why they got the mail.
5. Make sure someone can reply – I hate getting mails from firstname.lastname@example.org don’t you? I want to know someone is accountable for this mail.
Here is a great example from a KickoffLabs customer (What If Conference) in their auto-response.
We make it easy to configure a great auto-response like this one for your site. Learn how!